Shire of Wyndham-East Kimberley
|Organisation:||Shire of Wyndham-East Kimberley|
|Phone:||(08) 9168 4100|
The Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley is located in the ruggedly picturesque and sparsely populated northeast corner of Western Australia (WA), stretching from the Northern Territory border to the northern most tip of WA.
The Shire covers an area of 121,000 square kilometres and is one of four local governments that make up the Kimberley region. The Shire includes the towns of Kununurra and Wyndham and there are also a number of Aboriginal Communities; the largest being Kalumburu, which is situated in the northern part of the Shire.
The Shire boasts many attractions some of which include Carboyd Ranges, Celebrity Tree Park, Cockburn Ranges, Drysdale River National Park, Emma Gorge, Five Rivers Lookout (the Bastion), Gibb River Road, The Grotto, Ivanhoe Crossing, Kelly’s Knob, Kununurra Diversion Dam/Lake Kununurra, Lake Argyle, Lily Lagoons, Mirima National Park, Mitchell River National Park, Ord River Irrigation Area, Ord River, Parry’s Lagoon Nature Reserve, Pentecost River, Ragged Range, Wyndham Community Fishing Jetty and Zebedee Springs.
Many significant events occur in the Shire including the Ord Valley Muster, Lake Argyle Swim, Kununurra Agricultural Show, Kimberley Writers Festival, Kununurra Rodeo, Kununurra and Wyndham Races, Stars on the Bastion, and Dam-Dam Dingy Dash.
The Shire is currently experiencing a period of growth relating to the Ord East Kimberley Expansion project.
With its tropical climate and its many natural attractions, the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley is the eastern gateway to the Kimberley.
Search among Shire of Wyndham-East Kimberley jobs
no jobs found
- Diesel Fitter - Wurrumiyanga Workshop Wurrumiyanga Bathurst island
- Program Leader Employment & Remuneration Katoomba
- Manager Assets Coonamble
- Senior Revenue Accountant Maitland
- Infrastructure Program Manager Lismore
- Manager Finance and Administration Quilpie
- Coordinator Strategic Asset Management Maryborough
- Economic Development Coordinator Moree
- Road Maintenance Council Contract (RMCC) Technical Officer Coonamble
- Manager Parks and Urban Services Coonamble