The Department for Child Protection and Family Support (WA)
|Organisation:||The Department for Child Protection and Family Support (WA)|
|Phone:||(08) 9222 2555|
There is nothing more important than the safety and wellbeing of our children.
The Department provides a range of child safety and family support services to Western Australian individuals, children and their families, from the Kimberley to the Great Southern regions of the State.
The Department for Child Protection and Family Support was established in 2007, as a result of the recommendations of a review of the former Department for Community Development, while its history and core functions stretch back to 1882 when it was the Poor Relief Department. Since its establishment, the Department has benefited from a substantial funding investment from Government and has undergone a period of significant reform. Many of the reforms have been completed, resulting in the Department working more collaboratively with its government and community services sector partners. Some longer term projects remain in progress.
The Department has also implemented the Signs of Safety Child Protection Practice Framework, which has enhanced its child protection practice. Signs of Safety is forensic and rigorous in exploring harm and danger in a child’s life, while at the same time eliciting and inquiring into strengths and safety measures that are present, or can be built from within the child’s family and community network to keep them safe.
This approach aims to work with families to build safety around their children, enabling them to remain at home rather than being taken into care. Where this is not possible, the Department works with community sector organisations and foster carers to provide a safe and protective environment for these vulnerable children and young people.
Search among The Department for Child Protection and Family Support (WA) jobs
no jobs found
- Training & WHS Officer Coonamble Shire, Coonamble
- Human Resources Advisor Busselton
- Section Manager Governance and Civic Support Central Coast region, Gosford, Wyong
- Manager Tourism and Economic Development Ashburton, Onslow, Tom Price
- Senior Health and Wellbeing Planner Melbourne, Footscray
- Mechanic - Wadeye Darwin, Wadeye, Nganmarriyanga, Peppimenarti
- Risk & Strategic WHS Co-ordinator Deniliquin, Riverina region
- Executive Assistant to CEO & Mayor Darwin, Wadeye, Nganmarriyanga, Peppimenarti, Winnellie
- Management Accounting Team Leader Sydney, Picton
- Internal Auditor Murwillumbah, North Coast, Gold Coast, Tweed