Randwick City Council
|Organisation:||Randwick City Council|
|Phone:||(02) 9399 0999|
The City of Randwick is a local government area in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
One of Sydney's largest parks, Centennial Park, lies within the city boundary of Randwick. Other major landmarks in Randwick include the world-famous Randwick Racecourse, the University of New South Wales and Coogee and Maroubra beaches. There is some industry in the south, centered around the container terminals of Port Botany in Botany Bay, which lie partially within the city. Randwick has several golf clubs, including the exclusive Australian and New South Wales golf clubs.
Major commercial centres within Randwick City include the suburb of Randwick, home to the municipal council; Kingsford, which has a large Chinese and Indonesian community, as well as a large student population; Maroubra Junction; and Matraville. The Australian Army has a major presence in Randwick, with the headquarters of the 2nd Division being located in Randwick Barracks, Avoca Street, Randwick. There is a large state prison at Long Bay (Long Bay Correctional Centre). The Prince of Wales Hospitals, adjacent to the University of New South Wales, is one of Sydney's major hospital complexes. The Botany Bay National Park lies partially within the City of Randwick and is notable for preserving some of the last remaining stands of pre-European coastal heath vegetation in the Sydney area, known as Endangered Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub. There is a historic fort on Bare Island at the mouth of Botany Bay, in the suburb of La Perouse. This fort, and another Randwick attraction, the racecourse, featured prominently in the 2000 movie Mission: Impossible II. La Perouse is also home to one of Sydney's largest Aboriginal communities.
Randwick City Council
Administration Building & Customer Service Centre
30 Frances Street
Randwick NSW 2031
Search among Randwick City Council jobs
no jobs found
- Communications and Marketing Manager Wollongong
- Engineering Draftsperson Sydney, Fairfield
- Assets Officer Sydney, Canberra, Bathurst, Blayney
- Manager Planning & Statutory Services North East Victoria, Wangaratta, Beechworth, Rutherglen, Chiltern, Yackandandah
- Industry Performance Coordinator Brisbane, Deagon
- Team Leader Sustainability & Resilience Sydney, North Ryde, Ryde
- Program Leader Tourism Development Sydney, Katoomba
- Revenue Officer Sydney, Dubbo, Condobolin
- Centre Director - Unit 2 Sydney, Fairfield
- Tourism and Economic Development Officer Sydney, Dubbo, Condobolin